"Looking for an Experienced Xero Accountant/Bookkeeper"
JOIN OUR TEAM
Do You want to work with some amazing small business clients in Melbourne? If you know your way around Xero Accounting Software this role is for you. All Trades Bookkeeping is looking for an experienced Xero accountant/bookkeeper to join our established team, if this sounds like you, read on and apply at the bottom of this page.
We are one of Melbourne’s leading and growing bookkeeping companies and we are on the lookout for a qualified and experienced Xero accountant/bookkeeper. You must be self motivated, proactive and organised. You also must be able to manage a portfolio of Xero bookkeeping clients and review the work of other bookkeepers in your team.
You will use your skills and experience to provide a wide range of bookkeeping activities to clients such as clean ups, catch ups, set ups, ongoing services plus you will be liaising with clients, ATO, third parties and your team members.
In this position you will be working with Xero Practice Manager software to manage jobs and monitor completion within due date guidelines.
You will have a daily list of client bookkeeping work to complete and as your experience grows you will have more direct contact with clients and take on more responsibility. Your remuneration package will depend on your level of skill and experience and will only improve as you grow with us.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION
Must have requirements for consideration for this role;
- Have used Xero accounting software.
- Have worked in a professional services firm as an accountant/bookkeeper for at least 3+ years.
- Ideally have an Accounting (or similar) degree or have extensive bookkeeping experience.
- An understanding of the current ATO legislation particular in relation to GST.
- Be familiar with bookkeeping processes including the preparation and review of BAS’s and IAS’s.
- End to End payroll processing including Super & Workcover Reconciliations.
- Have used Xero Invoicing.
- Balancing loan accounts.
- Knowledge in the preparation of financial statements with an eye for identifying and investigating discrepancies.
- Have excellent English communication skills, along with a mature mindset. This is key!
- Have worked with a portfolio of clients.
- Must be self-motivated and ideally, have previous experience working with little or no supervision.
- Use of Xero exclusively, except for when looking up information in a client’s old accounting system.
- Use Xero add-ons and integrations like Hubdoc, Receipt Bank, Stripe and Paypal.
- Responding to client queries diligently.
- Reviewing other team members work.
- Communicating review points to other team members in a concise, understandable, helpful, professional and in an efficient manner.
- Preparing & Lodging BAS & IAS’s by due dates.
- Manage and organise your workflow.
- You’ll demonstrate good attention to detail, so you will write in this application the number of must have bullet points to be considered for this role.
How Do You Apply?
Step 1: Complete the online application form below if you meet the above criteria.
We will be reviewing applications along the way and if we find someone who is the right fit, we’ll be in contact.
Step 2: Get creative here. Send us something (or a lot of things) that you think will help set you apart.
Step 3: Our team will review submissions and schedule the first contact with you.
Step 4: Second contact and final decision.
Step 4: Accountant/bookkeeper role announced.
Step 5: Commence work orientation.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH ALL TRADES BOOKKEEPING
APPLY TODAY AND COME JOIN OUR AWESOME TEAM
Set your career path in a well established business that has stability, growth and security.